Wednesday, October 29, 2014

For the Love of Boots










I have this obsession with boots.  It started when I saw my first pair at Aldo when I was 16. Back then Aldo was a hip new place to buy shoes.  The quality was superb and many of the shoes were made in Brazil or Italy.  Something drew me to them.  They were black, pointed toe, and made of butter soft leather!  The lining was pink and they were made in Italy.  I tried them on, and I was sold, I needed to own them!  Have you ever had that moment?  It's magical right?! The way they made me feel, like I can do anything.  Sounds cliche, I know!  I saved for a couple months just to get them.  Back then I worked as a grocery store bagger making $5.75 an hour.  Those were the days!  and I remember the day I finally did, it was heaven!  The anticipation and all the hard work paid off.    I wore does boots to death.  To Seattle, to NYC, and many trips in between.  My shoe cobbler saw me many times over the next couple years with the same boots.  And I still have them!  Since then I have added more boots, but those will always be special!  My mom recently told me she also loved wearing boots in her younger years, hmm..I wonder if it's genetic!?  I am taking care of all mine and definitely going to pass them down to my daughters!

Here are a few of my picks:

Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I love your comments/suggestions. I read each one of them and I appreciate you taking the time to leave one.